Funeral Arrangement Help

When someone passes away unexpectedly, or the doctor is not certain of the cause of death, the case will often be referred to the coroner’s office. You are under no obligation to appoint the Funeral Director who has carried out the removal on behalf of the Coroner. Your family is entitled to make their own choice as to which funeral director they wish to appoint on their behalf. Please contact a member of our dedicated team at any of our three branches.

Information you may require when a loved one passes away.

If they have passed away at home, you must contact their doctor to ask about the death certificate.

We will require certain information from you, whether you require a cremation or burial. This will help us to organise times and dates before a member of our team calls to see you.

One of our dedicated members of staff will contact you to see if you would either prefer a home visit or for the arrangements to be organised at one of our Funeral Homes in South Shields, Hebburn or Jarrow.

If a loved one passes away in hospital, and the death is expected, you will be issued with a death certificate from Patient Welfare. (Patient Welfare will contact you when this is ready for collection).

Funeral arrangements can be made with a member of our dedicated team at your convenience, please contact one of our branches, we are here to help you.

Please contact us for any help or advice you require. Arrangements  outside these hours can be made by contacting us.

Tynedale House

Stanhope Road
South Shields
NE33 4TB
Tel : 0191 455 0904
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 12 noon.

Victoria House

Prince Consort Road
NE31 1BE
Tel : 0191 428 1018
Monday – Friday 11.30am – 2.30pm

Palmer House

70 Ellison Street
NE32 3HX
Tel: 0191 489 0717
Monday – Friday 10am – 3pm